Followers

Thursday, February 14, 2019

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! Sending Love and Hugs

💖💗💘💝 Happy Valentine's Day! 💝💘💗💖

One layer cards are not easy for me; I think my fear is a throwback to the old days when we had no choice but to use rubber stamps on wooden blocks.  You couldn't see exactly where you were stamping, and then if the image didn't come out, well, there were no MISTI's or Platforms, so unless you could use a stamp positioner, you got one chance at a good image and if that image missed a line, or an entire section, your one layer card now became a two layer card so you could cover your mistake.  Or, even more often for me, trash.  

I could never make them work. - I still can't understand them.  I have 2 of them; one is the good old L shape and the other is like a prototype of the platforms, but we had no magnets and you had to have set it up beforehand.  I think you use acetate somehow.  

Since it is possible to over stamp on an image now without all the fuss, I can actually make one layer cards like this one and not have to pray that I've inked the images perfectly!  Here is my card:    




What I Used to Make my Card:
White Card Base
Simon Says Stamp Beautiful Flowers Stamp and Die set, #set330bf
Prismacolor Pencils
Studio Katia, Clear Round Dots, Mix 1, #SK2410
Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black
Tim Holtz/Tonic Stamping Platform

I am very pleased with this card.  Making one layer cards is still something I struggle to do, even with all the help the new stamp positioners give you.  I stamp the image, color it, and then stamp my sentiment, often times to notice after it's stamped that the words are crooked.  Maybe that is because I'm crooked {I am literally crooked - I suffer from scoliosis, it reared it's ugly head very late in life and, while I had major surgery about 7 years ago, I've noticed that my upper torso, shoulders and such, are starting to get crooked again.  Guess it's time to go back to the doctor!} or maybe because I don't pay enough attention to the grid on the positioner.  Anyway, this card is fine!  I stamped the flowers, colored them with colored pencils, added some clear dots, then stamped the sentiment.  I didn't use any blender, I just kept coloring over and over and I am tickled by the flowers.  Not a lot of highlights but still very nice in my book!  

What do you think?  Were you stamping back when every stamp was wood mounted and you had to use one of those impossible old stamp positioners? What do you think of the new positioners? Do you have one and, if so, which one?  I'd love to hear your comments on how you insure everything is straight on your creations.  Have any tips?  Please leave your answers in the comments.  I do read each and every one of them and I thank you for taking the time.  Until I see you again, take care!  Fondly, Christi

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Creative Inspirations - M, Love
TTCRD - Anything Goes
Mod Squad - Floral
The Flower Challenge - #29, Use Your Latest {this is the latest floral stamp}
Crafting by Designs - Love is in the Air
DL Art - M,  Always Anything Goes
Crafty Cardmakers - #227, Love, Love, Love



15 comments:

  1. I really enjoy making one-layer cards but totally understand where you coming from, many of mine have ended up in the bin before I got my hands on a MISTI. My eyesight was never good enough to stamp over an image again, couldn't work out how people did it. So a lot less waste at my house now! Your card isn gorgeous and very eye-catching in the Gallery. This is one of my favourite floral stamps and you've coloured it beautifully. So I can see many more one-layer cards in your future and I hope you can join us again at The Flower Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty clean and simple design! Very colorful and cheerful!

    I do like the new positioned, but I also still use my old positioner, wood stamps, cling stamps, etc. Even if I am using my Tim Holtz platform, I really like to have the image stamped on acetate so I can move it around see exactly how it will look in different placements (when making a scene, etc). So I like the old and the new! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Heidi I still use my beautiful old wooden stamps! Acetate is a GREAT idea to figuring out where to put them!! Thanks!!

      Delete
  3. Colourful and pretty card. I get what you say about the past stamp positioners as I too had difficulty with them These days I use a Misti which works well for me. That said in the past i would use a very fine pen to go over a missed line and occasionally still do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still find myself occasionally using that fine black pen :) Thanks for stopping by Johanna :)

      Delete
  4. Awesome colouring of floral spray .Thanks for sharing lovely card with us here at http://ttcrd.blogspot.com/
    Good luck with your entry
    Shirley-Anne DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful card! Amazing!
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susi - love your journal spread!!

      Delete
    2. Thank you for your lovely visit and comment Christi! Happy new week!

      Delete
  6. Love this card Christ and you have coloured it beautifully. Thanks for entering this month's challenge at Creative Inspirations and good luck, Jayne DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card,so love your wonderfully coloured flowers! I have often thought about getting a MISTI, would make using rubber stamps so much easier. Maybe someday.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card & coloring look very nice! I am kind of lucky to stamp fairly straight. I do have a Misti and I no longer buy woodblock sentiments. I like being able to see what I am doing with clear stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty floral display. Thank you for sharing your lovely work with us at Crafty Cardmakers.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)