Followers

Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Hero Arts Paper Layering Heart Card

Hello crafty people! It's about halfway through this month's Mood Board
challenge at a2z Scrapbooking and that means you have plenty of time to take a look at the board and whip up a card!  I was very inspired by this mood board!  I took out all my fancy papers, started about a thousand new projects {because I always get inspired looking at all the pretty paper I have, and I have a LOT!} and I finally chose some that I think showcase the die very nicely.  Now I have a bunch of other cards and such in progress scattered all over my craft room!

What I Used to Make my Card:
White Card Base
Corner Punch {a very old one}
Hero Arts Paper Layering Heart Die, #DI162
DCWV Peri & Peach 12" x 12" Stack {not in the DCWV store, but available}
Grey Pattern Paper {stash}

I adore this card! The papers are so pretty; the grey pattern has a very subtle pattern of cream colored little swirls going through it; it looks so delicate.  And the overlay paper, well, it's DCWV, so you KNOW it's beautiful.  I've captured the



shine in the picture above.  Since I knew the focus of the card was to be the heart die, it was very important to me to choose some nice papers.  And they match the mood board!  Always a plus when you can fulfill your Design Team duties by using what they want!

This card was very easy to make.  I cut the grey paper to a panel to fit the A2 card base and then cut a smaller rectangle out of the DCWV paper.  I attached the grey paper to the card and let it sit overnight to dry completely.  I used the heart die on the peach paper, flipping the cut outs and gluing them to the other side.  I felt like the card needed a bit more pizzazz so I used the corner punch on the overlay paper.  I attached the die cut and punched paper to the card over the grey paper and I was done!  I'm fascinated by how one little touch, be it gems, dots, glitter, or a corner punch can elevate a card to a different level.  Do you remember using corner {or any} punches? I still have quite a few that I'm just not ready to part with.  

I hope you will enter the a2z Scrapbook challenge - you could win a fabulous prize!  Go check out the a2z store - it's full of Hero Arts goodness and use my discount code CHRISTI15 to get 15% off your purchases of $25 or more before shipping.  Remember you could Request Custom Order if the item is not in the store.  While Valentine's day may be over, I feel it's always a good time to let someone know you care about them!  You can never have too many heart cards and the mood board is full of inspiration.  I hope to see you there and don't forget to visit me again.  ~Fondly, Christi

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
A Blog Named Hero - Love is in the Air
Happy Little Stampers - Anything Goes w/ Dies
Unicorn Challenge - #40, Include a Heart
Unstampabelles - #86, Bright & Cheerful
Creations in Pink - #7, Anything Goes w/ Mostly Pink
Ellibelle's Wednesday Challenge - Dies/Punches or Something w/ Heart {I used all three}
Crafty Gals Corner - #185, Love is in the Air
International Art & Soul - #52, Shades of Any Color
Path of Positivity - #66, M, Love, Love, Love
TTCRD - Anything Goes





17 comments:

  1. This card is really beautiful Christi!

    Gorgeous!
    HUgs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very interesting card!!! Love the design and the shine on the papers. Thanks for joining us this month at Creations in Pink. Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and papers love how you used the die.Thank you for joining us at Unicorn.
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful, I love how you used different papers for the heart and a wonderful design!
    Thank you so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge this month where it's all about Dies/Punches or Something with Hearts. Hope you play along again soon!
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Creations in Pink, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and I love the shine! Thanks for playing along with us at A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice Christi! Such pretty papers for those fun hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Love how you used this die with those beautiful papers! Very cool design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the foiling and the simplicity of the idea to create such a great card. Thank you for sharing this wonderful piece with us at Unstampabelles for our first challenge in 2019.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this is so pretty! Just love how simple yet beautiful this card is! Thanks for joining Crafty Gals Corner Challenges! Good Luck! DT Connie

    ReplyDelete
  11. And thank you for joining UnstampaBelles!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Unicorn, Claire DT x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice card. Thanks for joining in at Creations in Pink this month and good luck.
    Scarlett (DT) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is Karen Bull, a design team member from A Blog Named Hero. The detail on this heart is lovely! Thank you for playing along this month.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty card. Thank you for joining in the Love Challenge at Path Of Positivity.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A lovely card. Thanks for sharing with us at Unstampabelles.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)