Followers

Monday, February 25, 2019

May All Your Wishes Come True - Hero Arts Kit

I've been lucky enough to be able to subscribe to what I think is hands down the BEST paper kit out there, My Monthly Hero by Hero Arts.  I've tried other kits and, while there is nothing wrong with them, the one thing I like best about My Monthly Hero is that they include dies in their kits.  Not too many kits give you stamps {and a FULL set of stamps, not just two or three individual stamps}, dies, paper - you can count on those each month.  In addition you might get some ink cubes, glitter, embossing powder, glimmer spray or lacquer, stickers, gel pens - basically if you want or need it for paper crafting, it's included.  Can you tell I'm a huge fan?  On top of ALL that, they release companion products; other stamps, dies, stencils and more!

Here is a cute, clean and simple card I made with the December 2018 kit:

What I Used to Make my Card:
White Card Base
Watercolor Paper {I use this}
Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black
My Monthly Hero Kit, Hero Arts, January 2019
Tutti Designs Scalloped Stitched Nesting Dies, #TUTTI-419
Dimensional Dots
Sakura Gelly Roll Stardust Clear Glitter Pen {I got mine in the MHK December 2018}

This card was a cinch to make!  First, I stamped all of the elements on watercolor paper with the Jet Black ink, colored them, and once they fully dried, cut them out with the matching dies.  I took a plain, white, A2, card blank and cut out the scalloped circle for the front.  I mounted the mouse with dimensional dots and glued the little dandelion parachutes right onto the card.  Lastly, the sentiment was stamped.

That's it!  There isn't much room on the inside to write anything more than a small salutation, but you could always go on to the back of your card if need be.  

I'm following the dandelion craze of late {as my credit card can attest} and I'm gathering quite a few stamp sets but this is one of my absolute favorites.  I love how each piece of the dandelion has it's own die so you can add as many seed bearing, umbrella, feathery bristles as you want either by stamping directly or cutting them out.  I looked up what these little floating, feathery, parachute things are actually called and technically they are called a 'pappus,' which I never knew.  All I knew is my dad used to have a fit when I blew all the fuzzies off the dandelions!  Feel free to look it up yourself and check out all the different ways people describe them.  Now you can say you weren't wasting time online because you actually learned something!  I personally like "seed bearing parachutes" which was what one person called them.  

Well, I hope you enjoyed my card.  I truly appreciate each and every comment, and if you do leave one, please leave your personal blog address so I can stop by and oooh and ahhh over your creations!  Fondly, Christi

I am entering my cute little mouse card in the following challenges:
A Place to Start - M, Inspirational
613 Avenue - M, Anything Goes TWIST: Use an animal
Crazy for Challenges - #472, Show a Pet on your Card {while *I* don't own a mouse, I know people who have - and I had a hamper once, hope it counts!}
Cardz TV - Anything Goes
Creative Fingers - M, #158, Anything Goes
Creative Friday - #224, Use Only 3 Colors {Black, Gray & Pink}
Mod Squad Challenge - Only Name Brand clear/rubber stamps
Die Cuttin' Diva's - #408, Random Acts of Kindness
The Cat's Pajama's - #354, Furry Friends {graphic below}
Sparkles Monthly - M, #113, Include an Animal 




I just have to say it is so weird to enter these animal challenges with a MOUSE instead of a CAT {like I typically do!}  My furbabies forgive me though, I think they do. . .  

7 comments:

  1. Hi, Christi! I love the simplicity of your card. The image is beyond adorable and your composition is spot on! Thanks so much for sharing your fabulous project on both of my challenge blogs. I hope to see you back at A Place To Start next month for our official launch! My personal blog is: https://redoralee.blogspot.com
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner
    613 Avenue Create Challenge
    A Place To Start Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe - love the mouse and what a good deal on the kit! nice work thanks for dropping it off at Mod Squad

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is cute, adorable & pretty. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenge.
    Hugs
    Cathy DT Member
    xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love the cut out - it nicely highlights your image. Thank you for paying us a visit at 613 Avenue Create.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely!Thanks for joining us at creative friday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet little mouse! Thank you for joining our animal challenge over at Sparkles this month, I do hope you'll join us again very soon,
    Love Jacky x
    Sparkles DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)