Followers

Sunday, August 22, 2021

A World of Thanks for River of Creativity Challenge One Earth

 Hi everyone! Now, I have to admit, this months theme at River of Creativity had me stumped.  I wanted to make some sort of ecological statement with my card, the subject being One Earth; I could not think of a good way to convey my message.  I literally lost sleep over it! But once I started looking through my stamps and dies I realized card making is supposed to be fun and I ended up making a few cards for this challenge! I see a definite correlation between struggling with the challenges and then once I get started, making cards like crazy! Here is my second card:


What I Used to Make my Card:
Square Card Base
Trinity Stamps Hopeful Flower Stamps and Dies (retired - this set would work as well)
Tim Holtz/Sizzix Globe, Mini, #661598
Watercolor Paper {I use 
this}
Zig 
Clean Color Brush Markers
Gina K Amalgam Ink Pad in Obsidian Ink

Distress Ink in Blueprint Sketch
KaiserCraft 6.5" x 6.5" Wandering Ivy Paper Pad (retired but available)
WOW! Embossing Powder, Hologram Sparkle
Concord & 9th Globe Greetings Stamp Set (retired but available)
Vellum
Simon Says Stamp Embossing Ink

I started this card by stamping, coloring and die cutting the flowers.  I wasn't really sure at this point how I was going to use them, but I recently found them again {from 2018 - it pays to do a little cleaning out of your art supplies every once in a while!} and really wanted to use them.  I knew I also wanted to include the globe die; so I went through my paper stash and picked out a paper that is lightly embossed with green leaves and cut the globe out of that.  I attached the globe to the center of the square card and arranged the flowers around it.  The sentiment is embossed on vellum, carefully attached so there is no visible adhesive and the card was done! All that worry and concern about the subject of the challenge for nothing as every challenge at River of Creativity is YOUR interpretation of the challenge.  And since we welcome all type of crafts it really isn't as nearly complicated as I had made it.  Sometimes we are our own worst enemies!   

I hope you stop by to see my other creations as well as my very talented teammates. And if one of the examples sparks your creativity, we'd love to see you enter! We are on Twitter, Instagram and of course, here on Blogger.  In order to make it easier for us to find you please tag your entry with this tag #ROConeearth04.  Thanks so much for stopping by! Hugs, Christi

I am entering my World of Thanks card in the following challenges:
Crafting Happiness, #110 - Anything Goes
Pammie's Inky Pinkies, #2134 - Anything Goes
Allsorts, #637/8 - Add Some Sparkle
Cut it Up, #232 - Space
Cardz for Galz - Texture
Mod Squad Challenge - Thanks
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Add a Sentiment
Die Cut Divas - Watercoloring & Die Cut


8 comments:

  1. I think it stumped us all at first Christi!!

    Lovely to see you at Allsorts challenge, many thanks for sharing your creation.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Manys thanks for sharing this lovely card with us at Allsorts challenge this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're not the only one to lose sleep over a craft challenge! Some of them have me stumped, too!

    You figured this one out beautifully. Besides the globe die, the blue and green color palette represent Earth colors. Thanks for sharing your Space project with us at Cut it Up! I'm glad you found some old supplies and were inspired by them again.

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you've arranged the flowers around the planet and the blue colour works nicely. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Cardz 4 Galz Dawn S DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. It deffo stumped me but you naiked it, thanks for joining us at the Allsorts challenge too, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing better than using old tools and supplies, Chrisi, and you did a fabulous job with that challenge! Love the sparkle on the globe and the soft frostiness of the sentiment. Time for a DT hat - Thanks for playing along in our "Anything Goes" challenge at Pammie's Inky Pinkies this week, and good luck in the draw.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)