Followers

Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Your Own Magic

 While I have long admired all of the fairy cards other artists have made I didn't jump on that bandwagon until recently.  I love colorful backgrounds, pre-made and hand made, and these fairies just pop! Dies R Us now carries most of the Fairy Hugs brand of stamps, glitter and background paper and I just think everyone needs some fairies to play with!  I used nothing but Fairy Hugs stamps on this card, I hope you enjoy it!

What I Used to Make my Card:
5" x 7" white card base
Watercolor Paper {I use this}
Gina K Amalgam Ink Pad in Obsidian Ink
Fairy Hugs Tree Condo, #FHS-107
Fairy Hugs Condo Dwellers, #FHS-060
Fairy Hugs Condo Dwellers 2, #FHS-108
Fairy Hugs About You, #FHS-129
Tutti Dies Nesting Stitched Rectangles, #TUTTI-217
Oxide Inks Background - Mermaid Lagoon, Kitsch Flamingo, Squeezed Lemon & Salvaged Patina
Gansi Tambi Starry Colors, Light Gold {available all over}
Nuvo Embossing Powder - Fine Detail Black
Simon Says Stamp Embossing Ink
Trinity Stamps Fairy Rocks


I had made the Oxide ink background especially to use these stamps on so I used light ink colors and lots of spritzing.  I colored and spritzed this background probably 4 times so I could get just the right look; I wanted the background to look whimsical and colorful but not over power the stamps.  Once I was done, I splattered light gold watercolor paint onto the background.  You can see the background before I stamped on it in this picture.

Once the background was dry I proceeded to stamp my images directly onto it.  That is when I learned I should have waited to splatter the gold ink as my stamping ink refused to cover the metallic paint.  The worst part was where I was placing the tree trunk but since I know I was going to be covering it with a sentiment, I wasn't too concerned.  I'm not sure if an ink such as Staz On would have covered the gold; I didn't want to take the chance of not being able to line up the card in the exact place to try another ink. I stamped my tree with black ink and then embossing ink and

The Products I used

embossed the tree, leaving the fairies stamped only.  I stamped the sentiment on a piece of white scrap card and cut it down with a stitched rectangle die adhering to the panel in the middle of the tree.  I then trimmed down the watercolor panel and adhered it to the 5" x 7" card base. For a finishing touch I embellished the card with some fanciful clear gems.

I hope you enjoyed my card! Remember, these products as well as MUCH more are available at the Dies R Us store! Please make sure to check out all our pages; links below.  Thanks SO much!! Christi

Don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog. There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store.  


 For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.

 click below for:

STORE

CHALLENGE BLOG

FACEBOOK

INSPIRATION BLOG

FRIENDS OF DIES R US PINTEREST PAGE


I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Cute Card Thursday, #691 - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
Unicorn Challenge, #68 - Anything Goes
Cupcake Inspirations Challenge, #526 - Take Flight
Love to Craft, #60 - Anything Goes
NBUS, #29 - Anything Goes w/ New Stuff (all the stamps are new!)
DL Art August Challenge - Anything Goes





6 comments:

  1. This is so pretty!! I LOVE the oxide background that you created and those fairies are just so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Unicorn. Have a nice day,.. Succes!!
    DT Anneke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very striking card! Thanks for taking off on our challenge at Cupcake Inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card. The bg looks so beautiful in those colors. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations and showing us your flight. Hugs ~ Ishani

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)