Followers

Wednesday, August 4, 2021

World's Best Sister Card for River of Creativity

 Hi friends! I struggled with this month's theme at River of Creativity - I just could not think of a way to incorporate the theme - One Earth - into a project! But, since we really want to see interpretations on the theme, once I got going I made two cards!! You can see the other one on the 23rd.   My sister is the best and I like to show her how much I appreciate all she does for my mom and the family.  Here is my card:


What I Used to Make my Card:
Top Fold A2 Card
DCWV Maps, Texts & Ledger 8" x 8" Stack
{retired but available}
Concord & 9th Globe Greetings Stamps & Dies {retired but available}
Distress Oxide ink in Salty Ocean and Gathered Twigs
Simon Says Stamp Embossing Ink
WOW! Embossing Powder Primary Ebony

 I had the globe part of this card already stamped {I used salty ocean for the water & then over-stamped the land with gathered twigs} so all I needed to do was cut out the background paper and emboss the sentiment and globe stand.  I used embossing ink and then embossed both with black powder. Simple!

I hope you do join us this month at River of Creativity! We accept all crafts, not just cards, and we'd LOVE to see your creations! Thanks! Christi


2 comments:

  1. Wonderful representation of our planet and together with that super sister sentiment I'd say the struggle was worth it. Another wonderful inspiration piece for out challenge at ROC thank you Christi. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)