Followers

Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Clean & Simple Birthday Card

I needed to make a more masculine birthday card than usual and I had just gotten this stamp from Unity Stamps so I thought I'd use it and see what I could come up with.  I hope you like it!

What I Used to make My Card:
White Card Base
Unity Stamps . . . say it big May 2019 Sentiment Kit
Picket Fence Studios Gem Mixers, Reflections, #GM-104
Imagine Crafts Kaleidacolor Pad - Spectrum
Gina K Amalgam Ink Pad in Obsidian Ink

Before I get into the making of this card, I need to toot some product horns. First, it's a shame that the Kaleidacolor pads have fallen out of favor as the one I used to make this card I've had for the last 20 years {!} and I've never had to reink it and it has never let me down. If ombre or rainbows find themselves in your art on a regular basis I can't recommend these pads enough. Second, I typically don't write about gems or sequins; there are so many out there and they all serve to brighten our cards. But, on a whim, I ordered the Reflections Gems from Picket Fence Studios and they are stunning!! I can't even describe the colors you get in this mix, but it is literally breathtaking. Honestly, I had balked at the price as it is a bit more than I typically spend for bling, but I am SO glad I took a chance. I am finding myself looking for ideas to make cards so I can use these gems! Fantastic quality! Now, on to the card, it was super easy! I inked up the stamp with the spectrum pad and stamped it directly on the card, then stamped the sentiment, trimmed it and adhered it.  After placing the gems, the card was done.  Whilst maybe not your typical masculine card, I like it.  Most of the men in my life don't do "men" things like hunt and fish so I can tell you I will be using this design to celebrate their birthdays! And who doesn't like rainbows? I was inspired by the challenge at Inspiration Station to use my Kaleidacolor pad to make this easy card!

I hope you don't mind my little sales pitch at the beginning of the post. I know I appreciate it when a fellow crafter recommends something, and I hope you do too. Thanks so much for popping in and I hope you have a wonderful day! Fondly, Christi

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Birthday {Happy 11th Birthday!!}
Inspiration Station, #11 - Color my World
NBUS Challenge, #29 - The stamps & gems are new :)
Sisterhood of Snarky Stamps, #190 - C is for Colorful
Try it on Tuesday - Keep it Simple


10 comments:

  1. What a bright and festive QACAS card, perfect for any gender or age, Christi! (Men love color, too!) I totally agree with you about the Kaleidacolor ink pads. I've also had my three pads for 20 years and have never had to reink them! Thank you for the tip about the cool bling ... I'll check it out! And thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Less is more, and this is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my Kaleidacolor pads as well but don't think I have the one you used. My Big and Juicy are still going strong as well as you say great for rainbow effects. Terrific take on the picture at Inspiration Station thank you and good luck! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this HBD card! Thanks for joining us at Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ... and Thanks for sharing at Try it on Tuesday! Still love it! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your colorful greeting! And thanks for the tip about the gems. They look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh and forgot...lol! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab CAS birthday card!
    Thanks for getting COLOURFUL with Edna and the sisterhood of snarky stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome card Christi and I'm so impressed with the ink pad. 20 years with no re-inking? WOW! Thanks for playing along at The Inspiration Station and best of luck in the draw! Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab card, love the vibrant colours and thanks for the reminder about Kaleidercolours ,I have a drawerful I had forgotten about.😀 Thanks for joining us at Try it on Tuesday challenge

    Joan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)