Followers

Sunday, February 13, 2022

Be Mine, Galentine

 Even thought I am not a fan of Valentine's Day, I thought I'd make a card to send to my sister, who is also single, and ask her to be my Galentine.  Hopefully this will put a smile on her face!

I started the card by making the floral heat using Concord & 9th's Triple Step Blooming Heart.  I used the following Distress Inks: Spun Sugar, Kitsch Flamingo and Festive Berries.  Once the heart was done, I found a piece of paper that matched in my stash and dry embossed it with Darice's Mini Hearts Embossing Folder {it is still available, but you need to look}, I then glued that onto the white card base.  I used a strip of red card, embossed the sentiment {which is from MFT, but seems to be discontinued} onto it using white embossing powder then die cut it.  Dimensional tape was used to adhere the heart to the background, I glued the sentiment in place and added two diamond hearts I got ages ago from Maker Forte {the picture makes the hearts look gold when they are actually iridescent}.  I think I did a fairly good job here. I like how all of the colors match :)

Thanks for stopping by and have a fantastic week :) Fondly, Christi

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Can You Handle the Pressure (NEW CHALLENGE!!) #2, Anything Goes w/ a Twist of Pink
Sweet Stampin'- Love, Love, Love
CCEE Stampers, #205 - Valentine's Day
The Little Red Wagon, #640 - Be My Love/Valentine
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Emboss it
Try it on Tuesday - All Loved Up
Colorful Options, M - Rosy Red


Daring Cardmakers - My Sweet Valentine




13 comments:

  1. Beautiful card..

    Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Little Red Wagon, hope you will play again..
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of Galentine, but it's a great word. I love your card and how you made it for your sister And Thanks for sharing it with us at Try It On Tuesday. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. 💝 this! I am sure this will bring a smile to your sisters face. Thank you for playing along with us at the Colorful Options Challenge. I hope to see you again in the future. Cheers, Makira CO DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely Valentine card with nice embossed hearts.
    Lia DT CYHTP

    ReplyDelete
  5. A realy special card for your sister. Thank you for sharing this with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely card - I'm sure your sister will adore it! Thank you for playing along with us at Sweet Stampin'. Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Valentine, I am sure she will love it! Thank you for joining our challenges at Colorful Options and Can You Handle The Pressure!
    Diane CO DT and CYHTP DT {Nellies Nest}
    {Colorful Options}
    {Can You Handle The Pressure}

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have reminded me that I have the triple step heart stamp and really love it, so I must get it out again. your colours are perfect. bet your sister will be really happy to receive this xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Christi, your card is just lovely and the sentiment perfect for your sister! I'm not a big fan of Valentines either, so you are not alone!
    Thanks for joining in with us this week at Sweet Stampin', hope to see you again.
    Sarah
    Sweet Stampin DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. So, so pretty Christi! I'm so glad you've come to join in our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure … we appreciate your support!
    Darlene
    CAN YOU HANDLE THE PRESSURE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    P.S. Thanks for also sharing this sweet Valentine with us over on the COLORFUL OPTIONS CHALLENGE

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty card and beautiful colours. Thanks for joining in at the Daring Cardmakers. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely card, love those florals.

    Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin.

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)