Followers

Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Hearts and Kitties

 Hi all!! I've made this cute Valentine's {even though you could give it any time of year; I was careful not to add any specific Valentines sentiments} card using Lawn Fawn stamps and dies; some older and newer sets.  I hope you like it!

 

I started the card by cutting out the slimline panel using the Scalloped Slimline with Hearts, landscape out of dark pink paper, then I used the larger die and cut it out of lighter pink paper.  I also covered a white slimline card using a page from the Watercolor Wishes Rainbow paper pack.  Next, I stamped the curved hearts, from the Scent with Love stamps on watercolor paper, colored the with my Zigs and cut them with their coordinating dies.  I put them around the heart openings.  The kitties, from the Meow You Doin' stamps & dies, were already colored, cut and in my stash {I always have extra cats in my stash}.  I tucked the cats into the heart openings and put a few paper hearts cut from small hearts that are included with many of the Lawn Fawn sets {I can't recall what set I used, honestly, I have a bunch of them on my desk}.  I attached the hearts panel onto the pink scalloped paper, then used dimensional foam tape to pop it up onto the slimline card.  Lastly, I had stamped a few of the small sentiments from the Special Delivery set as well as the Scent with Love set.  I trimmed them down and added them inside the hearts.  Finally a few sequins were added and I was done.  

I had all these sets on my desk as I was to take a class {Love Letters} with the fantastic Jenn Shurkus; the class was originally on for he 5th of February, but they were getting a huge snow storm on the cape, so it was postponed to February 12. I decided to bite the bullet and order the copics she used in class, figuring I'd have them for the February 12th class, but the copics I had ordered never made it to my house, a case of "we delivered them" but *I* don't have them.  So, I am waiting for their delivery and hopefully I will be able to make the cards from the class and share them; thankfully Jenn allows you to access the class tape online along with your class fee so I can go back and take the class when the markers get here.  Ever notice that the more you want something the harder it is to get?  SO TRUE.  Also, the carriers have begun to take SO long to deliver items, not just one of them, all of them, things are taking 2 to 3 weeks that used to take a few days.  I am the type who wants their stuff before I order it and it's frustrating to no end.  But, it is what it is!  I hope you enjoyed my card, and I appreciate you listening to my little saga, and I thank you for stopping by!! Fondly, Christi

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Slimline Cards
The Funkie Junkie - Funkie Frilly Valentines
Sweet Stampers, #65 - Furry Friends
Dies R Us, #187 - Love & Hearts
A Place to Start, #202202 - Anything Goes, Twist: Include a Critter
SUYP, #75 - Anything Goes w/ Cats
Happy Little Stampers - Anything Goes With Dies


Double D - Shades of Pink


15 comments:

  1. Adorably cute cute kitties on your fun slimline! I feel you pain on getting things so late, I normally track my packages if I can and nothing worse then when it says it's 'out for delivery' but then doesn't get delivered, that has happened to me numerous times!! Thank you for joining our fun at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}
    {Double D}

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I haven't been commenting because of Follow It's wonderful customer service (NOT)! They deactivated my account and I haven't been receiving notifications of any blogs using Follow It! They've REactivated now after I complained so I'm seeing your posts again...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Christi this is just ADORABLE!!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Shades of Pink’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute kittens. Love y0ur design and colours. Thank you for joining us at A Place to start this month. Hope to see you pretty cards back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! Purrfect slimline creation! Love how you framed out your hearts and kitties with the sweet little heart banners. Great colors! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Shades Of Pink Challenge. Donna, DT Member.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohmygosh; who doesn’t love KITTIES?!?
    This is so ADORABLY fun to see!
    Thanks for sharing with us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique for our Frilly&Funkie Valentines.
    Please be sure to follow the rules for linking, or this cute-as-a-button make could get disqualified. I’m a Kitty fan, & don’t want them left out of the prize drawing!! 😉

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable card! Thank you for joining us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cute kitty card is so charming! I love all the fun details you added. They really elevate the design!
    Thanks for stopping by A Place To Start !
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner
    Redora Lee Designs , My Blog
    A Place to Start , Challenge Blog
    613 Avenue Create , Owner

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! You were selected as a RISING STAR for the week of February 14-20, 2022 at A Place to Start ! Please stop by our blog and grab your badge
    The Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty design.
    Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies challenge blog.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great design and super cute cats :-) Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges.
    Hugz
    IKE =^..^=

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. So lovely and cute.
    Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers and i hope to see you again.
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! You were selected as a Top Sprout for the month of February 2022 at A Place to Start ! Please stop by our blog and grab your badge!
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ach wie süß! Danke daß du diese tolle Karte bei den Sweet Stampers zeigst.
    LG Dreja

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)