Followers

Thursday, February 10, 2022

How I feel About Valentine's Day

It's been so long since I've posted, it feels like months! First, my camera died - I can't say anything bad about it because it was about 18 years old, so getting a new one proved interesting and once I got the new camera I got sick.  So, I am far, far behind; I didn't even post any Christmas cards.  But here I am, and I plan on getting back on track!  Today I am sharing a card for Valentine's Day - I admit, it isn't one of my favorite holidays, and I express that fact with all these Simon Says Stamp dies and a few other goodies!


First I covered the white card base with a stencil from Kindred Stamps using Distress Ink Old Paper - I covered the stencil very lightly as I wanted the background to be visible, but not be the first thing your eye goes to.  Once that was done I cut the first die out of black card, the second part of the sentiment is cut out of red card, and I cut the "happy" off.  I used a cute alphabet from CZ Design to put the "it's" in between the words; looks like the Archie Jr. Solid Alphabet dies{czd50}I used are no longer available, but any small alphabet will do..  I finished the card off by using some old heart washi tape and some red hearts I had cut out using the Chunky Hearts Panel Wafer die.

Now I will be sharing some more "love" cards, and I even have a Galentine one to share :) Thanks for checking out my anti-Valentine :) Fondly, Christi

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Love is in the Air
Use Your Stuff #441 - Hearts/Love
Crafty Gals Corner, #228 - Add a Heart
Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers, #203 - J is for Judgemental {see Emma below}
Inspiration Station, #23 - Candy Hearts {I actually can't stand candy hearts - sorry!!! LOL}



7 comments:

  1. Oh Christi this is such a fabulous creation! WOW really ... you don't like candy hearts? lol (I don't either but did as a kid). Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Inspiration Station!
    Darlene
    INSPIRATION STATION
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now where have i seen this before? oh yes I remember now hahaha. It is a great fun card, thanks for sharing with us at Inspiration Station. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a perfect anti-valentine! Great combination of die cuts to assemble your sentiment. Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!!! I hope you're feeling better. This is a fabulous Valentine. Thanks so much for getting snarky with the Sisterhood!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are feeling better (and enjoying your new camera)
    Love love love your Valentine...I love Feb 15 more - discount chocolate day!!
    Thanks for being judgey with Edna and the sisterhood of snarky stampers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers - great card and lots of healing wishes, Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)