Followers

Tuesday, February 1, 2022

You're Sweet at Paper Funday!!

Boy, pink is a TOUGH color to photograph! But I still love this card and made it for the Paper Funday February "Hugs & Kisses" challenge.  I adore Lawn Fawn Products and this was made with some of the older ones, but I have some new ones in the works, so stay tuned!I


What I Used to Make my Card:
White Slimline Card Base
Pink Card
White Card
Lawn Fawn Slimline with Hearts, Landscape, #LF2476
Kat Scrappiness Slimline Never Ending Nesting Dies
Lawn Fawn You're Sweet Line Border, #LF1560
Lawn Fawn Polka Heart Backdrop Die, Landscape, #LF1830
Lawn Fawn Hedgehugs Die, #LF730

I stretched myself making this card; there is NO stamping on it at all!  I almost had to stamp a sentiment, but as you can see I worked that out. Let me explain how I made the card. I started with the slimline card and cut out the back layer and the front layer, using pink and white card. Then I cut out the hearts so they were visible through the hearts on the front of the card.  I wanted the small hearts to be white, so I used some scrap white card to layer behind it.  I attached that portion close to the top because my plan was to use the sentiment at the bottom of the card.  Well, that didn't work out very well. First it didn't fit and then there was the dilemma of what color should the sentiment be?  I really did not want to introduce another color to the pallet so I just moved the sentiment up a bit and placed it onto the focal part of the card. Then I had to figure out what to add to the bottom since there was too much space to just leave it {at least I thought so.}  I debated if I should trim it {there doesn't seem to be any real standard yet for slimline cards.}  No trimming; instead I focused on something I could add.  I tried pearls and gems until my eye settled on the Hedgehugs set that was on my desk.  Perfect!  I cut out those little hearts five times and adhered them to the bottom of the card.  I doubt you'd think that space was unplanned if I didn't tell you!  I love the way the card came out, especially the little hearts along the bottom!  I hope to see your "Hugs & Kisses" projects on the Paper Funday Challenge! Thanks for stopping by!  Fondly, Christi


2 comments:

  1. Lovely Slimline card! I love all the die cut layers and those hearts...so soft and pretty. Thanks for another wonderful team project for The Paper Funday Challenges. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty color combo and a wonderful layout for a slimline card. I haven’t started using that type of card. I especially like the tiny hearts on the bottom.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)