Followers

Monday, October 24, 2022

Sarcastic Kitties - Cat Lovers Blog Hop DAY 1!

I know I haven't been around lately - life has gotten a bit hectic, but I am still creating! Stay tuned for some goodies to be posted very soon! 


I am excited to be able to participate in the Cat Lovers Blog Hop 2022 (the link will take you to the main page that has ALL the info)! I love this event and look forward to it ALL year! Janis, the event owner and coordinator puts on a FANTASTIC hop with TONS of prizes :) I hope you will join us!

I missed this stamp set during Simon Says Stamp's STAMPtember 2021 event & I was heartbroken! I mean the set has everything I love in it - snarkiness and cats! I was lucky enough to find one for about what I would of paid for it if I'd caught the set; I happened to be looking for it on eBay and people are insane - listing these sets for at least $100!! The Tim Holtz one is going for even more than that! But I digress. . .here is my first creation with the Sarcastic Kitties stamp & die set from Simon Says Stamp and Picket Fence (sadly no longer available, but rumor has it if you bug Simon Says Stamp enough, they might re-release it!)


I used DCWV Playful Pets (not on DCWV website, but readily available) paper and Tutti Designs Nesting Stitched Scallop Squares to cut the sentiment out after I stamped it on white card. The cat and the furball heart are stamped in black ink on watercolor paper and colored in with my Zigs. I cut them out with the coordinating dies.  I used a white card base, covered it with the patterned paper, used a strip of the other side of the same paper and made a little square for the furball heart.  I attached everything together and this is what I came up with. I appreciate each and every comment & visit - thank you SO much :) Fondly, Christi

Happy Hopping!! 

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Cat Lovers Blog Hop
We Love Stamping - Colors of Autumn
4 Season Challenge, #61 - Pets
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - October
NBUS, #43 - Neve Before Used Schtuff, October
Use Your Stuff, #469 - Die Cuts
Addicted to Stamps & More, #440 - Die Cuts and/or Stencils
Crazy for Cats Challenge, #1 - Anything Furrything Goes
SUYP, #82 - October Anything Furrything Goes







23 comments:

  1. ROFL, Christi! Love the sentiment and your paper choice is fabulous. Good to see you in the Cat Lovers Hop again this year. :-D While I'm here, let me thank you for playing in our brand new challenge at Crazy for Cats! NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card for the hop! Love the kitty and the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Popping over from the Cat Hop to say hello! I love visiting the blogs of fellow cat lovers! Your card made me laugh out loud, literally! So glad I didn't have liquid in my mouth! Bahahaha! I LOVE IT!
    Hugs,
    Leslie
    Love To Scrap 2

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my Lord, Christi, I cannot stop laughing! I don't know how I missed this when it came out, but that sediment is a riot! I love the card design you built to showcase it, including the pp and the framed heart-shaped furball - so funny! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this funny sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christi, hopping by from the Cat Lovers Hop! Love that paper background. You have made a great card!
    Happy hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, my friend! It's been way too long since I visited here, but it's so nice to get together each year at the Cat Lovers Hop! Simon should have stocked more of those sarcastic kitties! Sorry you missed out, but happy you found one at a reasonable price! I never would have thought of checking ebay! Your card is so funny and adorable, and I love the fun sentiment LOL! This is right up your alley! Happy hopping, Christi!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, Christi - I'm visiting from the Cat Lovers Hop - lovely to see you again! What a great card! LOVE this kitty stamp and the sarcastic sentiment and love the paper too! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah ah ah! :D Such fun sentiment!!! And the cat is absolutely adorable! Love the paper too!
    Happy Hopping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the kitty and background!
    Popping in from the Cat Lovers Hop and
    LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello from the Cat Lovers Hop!
    Can't have cats without hairballs. Such a fun card with very fitting sentiment!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Christi, just saw your comment at We Love Stamping, you need to add your card to the linky, that's where the DT find entries, unlikely they will see or follow a link left in a comment.

    Hope your doing OK and all settled after the move.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun card, love the sentiment! Hello from the Cat Lovers Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oooh Christi, I so look forward to this hop too! And its so nice to be catching up again! This is so fabulous, and I did have a giggle at the sentiment! LOL, all too true for cat owners! love your shading on the little orange kitty - way cute! Happy hoppers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute! Terrific sentiment - especially for cat lovers. Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute card! I love the background patterned paper you chose. The sentiment is so funny! Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Completely awesome! Such a fun card for The Cat Lovers Blog Hop! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  18. A great card for the blog hop! Thank you for sharing at NBUS.

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG! This is PRICELESS! I couldn't help but laugh at the sentiment! Your colouring is amazing too!
    Thanks for participating in the 2022 Cat Lovers Hop! I'm hopping by to say hi to everyone and check out all of the amazing cat creations and inspiration.
    Roberta
    rstevensoncreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hahaha, your sentiment is so funny but oh so true, lovely card! Hopping in from the Cat Lovers Hop and Crazy for Cats Challenges, thank you for playing in our first challenge!
    Have a wonderful crafty day!
    Cat 🐱
    Crazy for Cats Challenges
    https://crazyforcatschallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Funny furball sentiment and cute cat. I like your coloring and the background paper.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Bwahahaha....Christi!!! This is the craziest and funniest card. lol....
    I thought I already commented on it, but I don't see it. With Blogger acting the way it has been, it might have dug a hole in its catbox and buried my comment. I wouldn't be a bit surprised!!
    Love this wonderful sentiment and the furry, fuzzy hairball heart!! Great background paper and expression on the cat's face.
    Thank you so much for participating in our #2022CatLoversHop!!
    <3 J
    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am visiting from the Cat Lovers Hop. What a really cute card you've made. Love it, and the hilarious sentiment! Thank you for the inspiration. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)