Followers

Tuesday, October 25, 2022

You're the Cat's Meow - Cat Lovers Blog Hop DAY 2

And for Day 2 for the Cat Lovers Blog Hop - this is one of my favorite events ever and I hope you support the hop and ALL the generous sponsors :)

 I made this card to have on hand if I just wanted to send a cute little note to let someone know I am thinking of them. Honestly, I needed to use these kitties - I got the stamps & dies a bit ago and they have been sitting on my desk, meowing at me. I have a boat load of cards I've made and never sent out, so I don't know who I think I am kidding!

 


 I stamped the cats, and their toys,  on watercolor paper, using my favorite black ink, then colored and cut them out using Avery Elle's Whiskers Stamps and Dies.  I blended a bit of Distress Ink Spun Sugar  onto the white card base to give a bit of grounding for the kitties.  I stamped the sentiment {from the same stamp set} onto some white card and used Die-Namics Fishtail Sentiment Strips to cut it out.  I glued the cats, their toys and the sentiment onto the card and to add a bit more interest I cut some hearts using Lawn Fawn's Long Distance Hugs die set out of some paper I had made using Distress Oxide inks Spun Sugar

I love the way the kitties came out! Thanks for stopping by! Christi and have fun hopping!!

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
The Cutie Pie Challenge - Think Pink
Creative Fingers Challenge - Anything Goes
Critter Crazy Challenges - Anything Goes w/ a Critter



19 comments:

  1. Yup! Definitely my favourite hop of the year! The other one is coffee, and happily I can combine cats and coffee LOL! Your card is so sweet! Those kitties are precious! This card will certainly make anyone's day brighter! So nice to "see" you again at the Hop, my friend! Meow, baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I know..... I have cards that I've just put away and should really use! Your colouring and shading is just amazing! These little kitties are adorable! Happy hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. Hopping from the Cat Lovers Hop. Your kitties are so sweet. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to hear I'm not the only one with cards made and not sent. I have tons! lol These two kitties are super sweet and it's a purrfect 'thinking of you' card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cute kitties!
    Popping over from the Cat Lovers Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable card! Nicely colored. Hello from the Cat Lovers Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww... how sweet!! Just LOVE those cute kitties and your design is adorable!
    Happy Hopping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very sweet card! Adorable kittys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute kitties! Adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, those are the sweetest little babies with their toys!! Love sponged background and hearts. Adorable, Christi!!
    I have started giving assorted packs of my cards that accumulate to my friends for BDs and Christmas. That has done wonders to reduce the number of friends I have!! LOL...not really. It has reduced my overload of cards!!! Hahaha...
    Thank you so much for participating in our #2022CatLoversHop!!
    <3 J
    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Popping over from the Cat Hop today to say hello! Those kitties are beyond precious! Love, love, love this card!
    Hugs,
    Leslie
    Love To Scrap 2

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've done a wonderful job coloring those kitties. I hope you send it out. Any recipient would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute cats card. Visiting from Cat Lovers Blog Hop.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  14. Michele K. HendersonOctober 28, 2022 at 8:32 PM

    Beautiful coloring technique with your sweet kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What cute kitties! Just hopping by from the Cat Lovers Hop

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love how you watercoloured the images! They all look amazing! Such a beautiful card.
    Thanks for participating in the 2022 Cat Lovers Hop! I'm hopping by to say hi to everyone and check out all of the amazing cat creations and inspiration.
    Roberta
    rstevensoncreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sweet. I like your coloring and the hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  18. ooh, super sweet. Hello from the Cat Lovers Hop.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)