Followers

Sunday, February 21, 2021

Hey, you! Happy Valentine's Day

Hey everyone!

If you follow me on any social media then you know I love cats.  I am an animal lover, but cats have a special place in my heart; so, when I see a new stamp set with cats in it I have to get it! This adorable stamp set falls in that category {see what I did there?!?} and while it is technically a Valentine's Day set, I think it can be used anytime.  Here is my first creation using this set:



What I Used to Make this Card:
White Slimline Card Base
Leftover Pink Scalloped Slimline Piece {from this Lawn Fawn Die Set}
Gina Marie Designs Big and Little Chain Die Set
Simon Says Stamp Heart Animals Stamp Set, #SSS302247C
Simon Says Stamp Heart Animals Die Set, #SSSD112290C
Watercolor Paper {I use this}
Zig Clean Color Brush Markers
Gina K Amalgam Ink Pad in Obsidian Ink
Pink Card

Once the animals were stamped, colored and cut I set them aside for a bit whilst I decided what kind of card I wanted to make. Since I wanted to use all the critters, I decided it had to be a slimline card.  Luckily I had the white scalloped panel left over so I used that to attach my animal panel to, after edging them with a pale pink marker to make them stand out a bit more.  Once I had them on the panel I then stamped the sentiment directly onto it before layering onto the pink chain card I had cut out. Finally I layered the whole thing onto the slimline white card.  I really think the "hey you" sentiment in this set is so quirky and I expect to be using that a lot in my upcoming projects. 


This was a fun card to make and the images make me smile! I like that you can see just a bit of pink peeking out from under the white and the card doesn't do the chain die set justice, I am sure I will be making another card featuring those dies, so you can get a good look at them.  Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and check out my card; if you follow me on any of the social media platforms on the right side please let me know so I can follow you back!

Crafty hugs, Christi

I would like to enter my card in the following challenges:
CCEE Stampers, #2107 - Love your Pet Day
Cute Card Thursday, 674 - Slimline
Addicted to Stamps & More, #339 - Any Occasion
Double D Challenges - Anything with a Heart {mood board below}
Creative Inspirations Challenges - Animals {Jan - Feb Challenge}
SUYP Challenge, #63 - Furrything goes with a Cat
Crafty Animals, #47 - Anything Goes with an Animal
NBUS, #23 - Anything Goes with Using New Stuff {entry 2}







9 comments:

  1. It's a cracking make, Christi - fab colouring too

    Happy Monday

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those sweet little critters peeking in are ADORABLE! This is the cutest! Love the hearts! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Anything With A Heart Challenge. Donna, DT Member.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why you'd get that stamp set - it's adorable! Love your card design and all the layers you have on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG how ADORABLE! This card will bring LOTS of SMILES!!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Anything with a Heart’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course it can be used at any time there are CATS! a very sweet stamp and beautifully coloured, love it. So following up on your last comment when are we going to face time? x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a critter girl all the way, so this card makes me feel warm and cozy all over, Christi! It's a perfect design for a slimline card and I love the way you edged with pink! It's all in the cattails, er, I mean details! Good luck with the move - send me your addie for my card pal book! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is such cute card. Those images and layout, amazing creation. Thank you for joining us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)