Followers

Monday, February 15, 2021

Shaker Magnet & Owl Ornament

Every year I make my sister some small trinket she can put on her little Christmas tree or hang on something else.  Since it is well past Christmas - yes, I am late {I honestly forgot I even had this post waiting to be published!} - I wanted to share this year's goodies.  :) 


I had made the little owl ornament a while back with stuff from my stash and some Stickles Glitter Glue as the snow {if you want to know any of the items I used in the owl ornament just let me know}.  What I want to focus on is the beach scene globe, which is a shaker magnet.

What I Used to Make my Shaker Globe
Sizzix/Tim Holtz Tiny Travel Snow Globe Dies Set, #664182
Dimensional Domes, #663559
Various Cardstock {including heavy duty white}
Simon Says Stamp Nested Circle Wafer Dies, #SSSD111466
Wooden Circle from Stash
Magnet from Stash
Shaker Stuff from Stash {I don't know what to call this - it is similar to little rocks}


I got the idea to make her a beach scene magnet since she moved from Florida to Colorado and often will say she misses the beach.  Well, now she has a little piece of it that she can look at when she feels the need!  I started the magnet by cutting out all of the pieces, then assembling them on the circle I had cut out prior {the circle is included with the dies}.  Once that was done and dried, I cut out another circle, using heavy white card and the Simon Says Stamp die, and placed the scene on that.  I used E6000 to glue a wooden circle to the assemblage; I didn't want to glue the magnet to just paper and have it possibly rip, so I used the wooden circle as the stage for the magnet.  Lastly, I put a small bit of shaker material on the scene and glued the plastic globe onto that.  It was really very simple to make as long as you have the ability to work with tiny pieces of cardstock.  I have never
Side View
been able to use tweezers so I just use my fingers, toothpicks, and luck. 

I hope you like my magnet and owl ornament - she was thrilled.  I have since acquired the Tiny Snow Globes set so expect to see some holiday magnets coming your way!   Very soon I will be having a giveaway on my Instagram account so if you are part of that social media, I urge you to begin following me.  Don't worry, I will happily follow you back!  If you aren't yet on Instagram, well, you don't know what you are missing!  There is more content, crafters, ideas, and things to inspire you than anywhere else I have seen.  And you can use your computer!  Just go to Instagram.com and make an account. Thanks for stopping by!   Fondly, Christi

I am entering my Beach Shaker Magnet in the following challenges:
Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies, February Challenge
NBUS February Challenge, #23 - Never before Used Stuff {the Tim Holtz products are NBUS}
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Add Some Texture {my shaker element!}
UnstampaBelles, #108 - Anything Goes
We Love 2 Create, #2 - Anything Goes Mixed Media
CRAFT Challenge, #586 - Anything But a Card
More Mixed Media Challenge - Anything Goes
Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge, #68 - Anything Goes






5 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous Christi, love the little owl. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful little bits you have created. So clever. Thanks for playing along this month at Unstampabelles. Hope to see you back often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christi, these are both darling and I'm sure are being cherished by your sister. Your ability to manipulate the tiny pieces is evident, they are beautifully crafted. Thanks for sharing with us over at CRAFT Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delightful little projects. They both look fabulous with the different textures and details.
    Thank you for joining in with our February challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea. So a lovely momento. Thanks for sharing with us at Unstampabelles.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)