Followers

Saturday, February 6, 2021

Simon Says Stamp Scattered Hearts 2Fer

I am on a roll with making more than one card using the same items!  I am not sure why; it isn't easier to do and it surely isn't easier to take pictures of a 2fer, but I can't seem to help myself!  Here are my latest 2fer creations:


What I Used to Make my Cards:
White Card Base
Light Pink Card Base
White Card
Shades of Pink Card
Simon Says Stamp Stacked Hearts Wafer Die, #SSSD111540
Simon Says Stamp i love you Shadow Wafer Die, #SSSD111800
Distress Oxide Inks in Spun Sugar, Picked raspberry and Candied Apple

These were surprisingly easy to make and I had originally planned on just making the one card that says "I Love You" on it. I had cut out another of the stacked hearts since I wanted to put some white inlay hearts into the original card.  Then I realized, why not use the white leftover frame as a stencil and make another card?  So that's what I did, using distress oxide inks.  All along I had planned on just using the stencil and throwing it away but I loved how pretty it was once I was done blending the inks so I used that part too! That is how most of my 2fers are born; the leftovers are too good to throw out so I make another card to use them up.  It's a win-win in my mind.  I get more cards and I make less waste.  

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I'm wondering do you often find yourself making two or more cards out of the same supplies?  How does the process work for you?  Let me know in the comments below!  Fondly, Christi

I am entering my card in the challenges below:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Love is in the Air
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Love/Hearts
Inkspirational, #232 - Hearts
My Time to Craft, #450 - Love
Little Red Wagon, #587 - Total Eclipse of the Heart
Sisterhood of Crafters - Create Your Own Background



5 comments:

  1. Oh Christi these are just awesome! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely cards! And what a wonderful idea to create two cards using the same supplies when they're out!

    Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your twofer cards are so sweet, Christi! I love the romantic hearts and the pretty colours. Thanks for joining in at My Time to Craft!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love seeing the two fabulous versions. Thanks for joining in at Inkspirational Challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)