Followers

Thursday, February 11, 2021

Sending Lots of Love

I have been seeing these adorable Lawn Fawn slimline cards everywhere and I am sure you have, too.  The images are so cute and I finally broke down, bought the stamps and dies, then made my own and here it is:



What I Used to Make my Card:
White Slimline Card Base
Watercolor Paper {I use this}

As always, my first area of business is to stamp, color, and cut all of the elements I want to use on my card.  Second, I used the cloudy stencil to make the sky and stamped the sentiment directly onto the card base. I dressed up the canary to make him look like a mailman and adhered him and the owl to the card, followed by all those cute little letters and hearts.  I really enjoy making scenes and I am happy I am fortunate enough to have acquired all the cool backdrops that I have as they make it so easy to make a scene card.  Honestly, I am not a huge fan of Valentine's Day but being able to make a cute card like this makes all the engagement commercials worth it! 

I hope this card put a smile on your face!  I appreciate you taking the time to visit me here and I hope you'll consider following me.  If you do, leave me a message so I can follow you back. Fondly, Christi

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Make a Slimline Card
Mod Squad - Must Have the Word LOVE
Fab 'n Funky, #510 - Love, Heart
Cuttlebug Mania - Put an Animal on it {hope the birds count!}
NBUS Challenge, #23 - Never Before Used Stuff {the stamps, dies and stencil!}
Shopping our Stash, #438 - Love is in the Air
Double D Challenge - Valentine Love
The Paper Players, #527 - Hearts and/or Stars




8 comments:

  1. This is so adorable! Love the design with the falling mail and clouds. Thanks for joining the Double D, "Valentine Love" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, your sweet stamps look beautiful against the cloudy sky. Thanks for playing along at Fab'n' Funky this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card. I love your clouds, you have executed them perfectly! All your elements work wonderfully together!! Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating with us over at the Mod Squad!!
    Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!


    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet little scene! Love the birds AND mail flying about your pretty sky

    ReplyDelete
  5. This delightful card is making me smile from ear-to-ear, Christi! You did a wonderful job of coloring your sky and laying out the adorable images for your Valentine design! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Take care and keep safe! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my gosh, what a fun and fabulous slimline design and AMAZING coloring and background! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (hearts!) STASH with us this fortnight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG this is so so cute! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Valentine LOVE’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)